Sunday, March 15, 2009

So goes the life of the Oilman

Havent blogged in a long time but in my defense life has been doing its best to keep us jumping. So here is our update in a nutshell....

First lets get the bad out of the way. My husband was layed off. It sucks!!! Since our wonderful new democratic congress took over they waited a whole 24 hrs before repealing a bill Bush put in effect thus canceling tons of new exploration. Then they systematically repealed govt leases. The oilfield is expecting a larger crash than that of the early 80's. So hubby is trying very hard to find work in Houston....hell in the U.S......but its not looking good. So he has several great leads over seas and it looks really like its gonna be one of them. I just thank God that I talked him out of going to Nigeria! WHEW!!!!

Now for the good news. Marissa had a talent show at her school and she and her bf Ashton were in it. Marissa sang a Cheetah girl song and Ashton danced. It was cute and we were very proud of her for doing it. Marissa also got new glasses which are now deep purple with her only requirement....RHINESTONES!!! LOL Both kids completed and lived thru the week of Taks testing. (for those of you who dont live in Texas that is the wonderful standerdized tests the get the kids all stressed out about) Marissa also had her school open house this week and her reading teacher showed me a short story Marissa wrote. The teacher was so impressed she recommended it for the schools Writer's Gallery. (that is a wall for the whole school and at the end of the school year all the entries are put in a book and put in the school lounge) and it was voted in by the other reading teachers. She was so excited!

I have also been on the road alot this month. Took two trips to Lafayette. The first was for fun....MARDI GRAS! Took the kids to the parade in Carencro and then out for Crawfish...yummy, yummy! and the second trip was not for fun at all but for a funeral. That was a hard one. But glad I went.

As for the boys, Ryan is still running and running and running. (he is my personal energizer bunny) and DJ is......well ..... a teenager :( I think it is now his job to just aggravate and exhaust me just to the point where I could leave him on someone elses door step and then he turns on the charm and we keep him LOL

such is my update and I will try to get on here more often so these arent so long ;)

1 comment:

  1. hey Jennifer I am so glad to see you blogging. I love to hear about your family. You know I am praying for a job in the US for your family I really don't want to see your DH have to go oversea's.

    Talk to you soon my friend..:)

    ReplyDelete